Hot and cold air transfers easily though an attic with poor insulation. In the winter, heat escapes through many air leaks and due to conduction rooms below a cold ceiling are colder.
In the summer temperatures in the attic can reach 110 degrees and higher, this heat transfers to the living space and causes a home to be much more expensive to keep comfortable on a hot or cold day.
An attic insulation upgrade can cut your heating & cooling costs by as much as 40%. Also, it will restore comfort to rooms that get too hot or too cold at different times of the year, it’s a once and done upgrade that won’t wear out or require maintenance.
How we fix under-insulated attics
We understand how to take care of insulation problems in your attic. Here’s how we fix your home:
- Inspect and test your attic to identify problem areas.
- Air seal your attic to eliminate the drafts and leaks that allowed conditioned air to escape your home in the winter and let humid air in the attic in the summer.
- Duct sealing and insulation, as well as duct encapsulation to prevent conditioned air from being wasted as it travels through your duct system.
- Install insulation up to the correct level your home requires, ensuring you have a comfortable, efficient home.
An attic insulation upgrade can cut your heating & cooling costs by as much as 40%! More importantly, it will restore comfort to rooms that get too hot or too cold at different times of the year, and it’s a once and done upgrade that won’t wear out or require maintenance.
Here’s how we fix your home
- Attic duct encapsulation
- Attic air sealing
- Attic hatch & pull-down stairs air sealing
- Can light covers
- Chimney chase & major opening sealing
- Vented knee wall space sealing
- Insulating with cellulose
- Creating a conditioned attic